Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What'ch you know 'bout me?

Here it is...

Our first roadtrip of 2009 was to my brother Ben's stomping grounds, Portland, OR. We went down there for a whirlwinding 36-hour adventure that included: Maddie's first taste of authentic Pho, lots of downtown shopping (Buffalo Exchange, Powells, Nike, etc.), lunch at vending cart central by Maile's work, frog legs and mac and cheese at Montage, a trip to Mill Ends Park, with dessert at VooDoo Donuts, and lots of great hanging out in between. Maddie slept on the way down to Portland and the way back...what a blessing! The best part of the trip was spending such quality time with Ben and Maile in their element. Ben took the day off to tour us around the city while listening to mostly authentic Portland tunes in the car (ie, the Decemberists, etc.). I say mostly because Ben played "Lipgloss" by Lil Mama, saying, "If there was one song I came to love this summer here it is." He then hit play and the rest is as they say, history. Check it out for yourself after looking at the overdue pics from our early July roadtrip:

Maddie wasn't sure what Pho she was eating but she liked it.

She wasn't super thrilled to frequent the world's smallest park...go ahead, google it!


Maddie's first taste of frog legs...ours too. Please don't call CPS, she liked them!

Look @ Ben...enough said.

Leftovers @ Montage are put in foil sculptures...we got a whale, squirrel, rat, and flower.

Maddie poppin' her lipgloss on Ben and Maile's awesome front porch. They have a beautiful urban house!

Voodoo donuts...mmm.


Thanks for a great time!





2 comments:

Cassie said...

That looked like such a fun trip! Maddie looks adorable in that chair, she is so dang cute! I am sad I didn't get to see you guys and wish we could have gotten there! The girls will just have that much more fun when they see eachother a little bit older! What the heck is pho and I cannot believe you ate froglegs!!! Sick!

Lindsay said...

What a fun trip! That song is cracking me up... I lol'd :)