Monday, February 23, 2009

Special delivery to our nest...


As you can see in the picture above, Maddie received a special delivery on Friday. She had been checking the mail on a daily basis with both Mom and Dad for quite some time (very worth it) in eager anticipation of this package. A while back I saw the cutest thing on one of my favorite blogs "Bring the Rain" by Angie. It was a custom handmade doll with a personalized bible verse on its tummy called a "Baby Be Blessed." We ordered one for Maddie with the verse: "Let your light shine." (Matthew 5:16) She is already a light to the world with her smile, and I know she is going to be a light for the Lord!

While we ordered the doll quite some time ago, we were assured that the company was very busy (not a bad sign, right), and they were sending it soon. They also assured us that they would include a tiara (which is also very cute) for free, because it had taken so long. Believe me, it was worth the wait. I am sure this will be a doll Maddie uses as show and tell sometime in her life. It is sooo cute! Here is how the story goes, then you can see pics of Maddie loving her baby...

Jeff and Maddie checked the mail on Friday while I was at work. The running line is, "did we get the big key?" Our mailbox is locked, so if anyone gets a package that doesn't fit in their individual box, we get a "big key" to unlock the community larger box. THE BIG KEY HAD ARRIVED! Now, before Jeff got his hopes up (really my hopes, I am sure at this point he could care less, but really knew we were excited...he played the part) he checked the big box. We have been faked out before. About two weeks ago, I got the big key and much to my chagrin it was a 6 pack of formula samples. I won't complain, because that stuff is liquid gold, but really...that was a big key fake-out. On to the story...so Jeff and Maddie grabbed the package and put it on the dining room table. I called Jeff on my way home from work and debriefed the day and as always asked what we got in the mail (call me OCD). He replied with the standard, "some bills, some junk, and a couple of magazines." As I walked into the house, the first thing I saw was Maddie giving me a huge grin. Then Jeff was giving me a huge grin. Maddie always gives me a huge grin, but Jeff had a grin like something was up...then he opened his arms like Vanna White (not necessarily a pretty picture with Jeff:) and there on the table was a box. We went over to the couch to look inside...before I did, I checked a few things: was the return label from Enfamil or BabyBeBlessed and did it feel like 6 huge cans of formula or a little "rag doll." The rest is in the pictures...as I type right now, Maddie is sleeping with her little baby...



Sorry for being long winded all for that...maybe you had to be there. Really, thanks BabyBeBlessed and thanks Angie for the great idea. It is something that Maddie will treasure always.

3 comments:

The Wisers said...

Awesome!!!!! I saw those sweet little dolls on Bring the Rain and thought they were so cute! How exiting and I LOVE THE VERSE you chose.

mmsnyder said...

How cute! I also saw those on Bring the Rain and loved them... how sweet for Maddie to have one! :)

And yes... we really do need to get together soon!!! :)

the tampiens said...

Karissa! Your blog is awesome -- I love reading updates on beautiful Maddie! And I also read "Bring the Rain" (okay, I'm slightly obsessed!), and I think those dolls are adorable. Thanks for adding us to your Blogs We're Reading list, I'll definitely do the same. :) Tell Jeff I said hi!

Whitney