Sunday, March 1, 2009

Race Update (and cute pic)...

I am sorry that I haven't updated the blog much as of late. I am starting my regular schedule on nights tonight, and Jeff starts baseball tomorrow, so we have been "prepping" for that...whatever that means:)

Kari update: My mom has found a new doctor (and hopefully better communicator). She may be moving her surgery up, so that she is able to get ready for next school year. It would be much easier for her to miss part of this year, rather than part of this and part of next. The doctor seemed very confident in getting everything necessary to put the ball in her court...not in cancer's court. I can't wait until the day that cancer never has a chance! With that being said, please continue to keep my mom in your prayers. Please pray for her doctor, her decisions, and everything else impacted. I pray that her students adjust and make this as easy as possible on her as well. Any comments left on the blog are also read by her.

Race update: There are a couple of ways to be sure you are signed up properly and ready to go. First, you can click here. That link will take you to Kari's Dream Team's site, where a roster is kept. This is also the place to check if you want to join. We are also in the works for shirts. If you have any design ideas, please let us know!

Madison update: Maddie turned 1/2 year on the 27th! She is growing up so fast (cliche, but I never thought it could be so true). She also went to her first "Ash Wednesday" service last week. I gave up chips for Lent. Jeff is adding @ least 20 minutes of spiritual reading a day. Madison is giving up Green Beans:) I couldn't help but think about her as we sang "Faith Like a Child" at church today. Oh, to have faith like a child...and the passion that comes with it. She is only 6 months old, but she has blessed us with what already seems like a lifetime. Check out the picture below. It was taken during a visit by Aunt Rachel, Jessica (Rachel's best friend), Grandma, and Wally. Thanks for the awesome pulled pork lunch Grandma!


2 comments:

Wichman said...

Such a cute pic. She is such a little angel and you're right, they are getting so big!!

Lisa Sand said...

Riss, I miss my niece! I am shocked with fast she is growing even though I have Elsa right in front of me. She is too cute and I love seeing the pics! We tried getting signed up for the Team, is there another link to the shirts? (since we won't be there to do the walk!)