Thursday, February 19, 2009

Steamroller...

Being 1st time parents, we are always looking for new things and worried when they seem to be a bit behind "schedule." Maddie gets plenty of tummy time, but really didn't find any interest in rolling over...until the last couple of weeks. Now, she has realized that by rolling, she can travel the world. She started with the occasional roll, which came at the least expected times. However, her steamrolling happened at about the most opportune time one can imagine. Here is a quick version of the story:

Jeff was sitting at the breakfast bar in our kitchen working at the laptop (a MacBook Pro, which we love!) grading National History Day projects. I was working a 12 (7:00-19:30), and because I was finishing my orientation at the NICU, I was still on days. Jeff tends to listen to more mellow music while working on schoolwork, so James Taylor happened to be playing...specifically, "Steamroller Blues." Apparently very inspired, Maddie heard the following lyrics while playing on a blanket:

"Well, I'm a steamroller, baby
I'm bound to roll all over you
Yes, I'm a steamroller, baby
I'm bound to roll all over you"

AND started to roll STEAMROLL across the blanket she was playing on! Ok, so Jeff tells this story, and while I am sure he was playing James Taylor, Steamroller Blues may have been clicked after the fact. For Maddie's sake...we will just go with it:) Check out some of her rolling escapades pics below:







3 comments:

Cassie said...

yea! so much fun, but enjoy it before she crawls!! Hallie has been crawling for a week and a half and it feels like a lifetime, she is getting into everything she is not suppose to ugh! Oh well hopefully she will get use to everything soon and she will no longer have to touch everything! Maddie is adorable she looks like she is really growing up with that pic of her looking right at you! What a cute story, and a smart baby! Miss you guys!

The Wisers said...

She is so beautiful! What fun times!!!

Kayce said...

She is adorable!