It has been a little while since the last post mostly due to a case of denial and hibernation after having a mid-March snowfall. With daylight savings providing an extra hour of sunlight and Madison contributing with her bright smile, the pictures below are in hope of Spring's arrival.
With the snow came some scary as hell interesting situations. First, Jeff decided to jog into Maddie's daycare to protect Maddie from frigid weather. He was crossing a little walking bridge and almost inside when he found some ice, or it found him. His first thoughts were what to do with Maddie? He threw his arm out and she had a 10.0 landing on her carseat. He wasn't so fortunate, and there is a blue denim streak on the concrete to prove it. I called him and asked if he wanted me to bring him pants, and he declined as it was a good story to explain his limp...according to him.
Next, I had to wake up after only 3 hours of sleep to pick up Maddie from daycare and take her to the doctor for her 6 month visit. In my right mind, I wouldn't have attempted Midway Hill (a pretty steep grade), but I was in a hurry, so I took it easy. Going ten miles an hour, I started to break...and couldn't. Next came the emergency break. That didn't work either. With, images of my car in the Little Spokane River, I contemplated bailing the Highlander. Looking down the hill with three other cars in the ditch, only divine intervention slowed my car (is that my reward for keeping faithful with my "no chips for Lent" promise:) ?).
Park City Utah
4 years ago

5 comments:
Oh poor Jeff! That is a long way down for him to fall! Great job helping Maddie be safe though! Did he clean up the pavement :)?I am so glad you didn't end up in the ditch! Maddie is so dang cute! I wish I was in the last pic with all of you, I am sad I missed Stephs bridal shower!
Cute-wishful-thinking-of-spring pics of Maddie... she is the cutest little thing ever! :) Where do you get all those little bows/headbands from? Or do you make them? I love them!
It was sooo good to see you and FINALLY meet Maddie, she is so beautiful! I am seriously going to solicit you for sewing classes, it will be fun :)
Love the tutu pics!! I think Lucia needs one of those!
Your little girl is so precious - I love the tut pics!
Post a Comment